/ SONDA / News Detail

 

 

SONDA ́s operational improvements drive results growth and EBITDA margin reaches 12.3% in the third quarter

October the 23rd, 2020.- SONDA, the main Latin-American IT service network, reported its results for the first nine months of 2020, where consolidated revenues reached $ 572,517 million equivalent to US$ 726.4 million, EBITDA of $ 60,748 million, equivalent to US$ 76.7 million, and Net Profit of $ 6,901 million, equivalent to US$ 8.8 million. In reporting currency, revenues decreased 6.0% during the first months of 2020 (YoY), and EBITDA decreased 8.3%, both affected by the Covid-19 pandemic during 2020 and by the effect of the divestiture of a subsidiary in September 2019. Nevertheless, during the third quarter, EBITDA grew 7.2% in constant currency compared to 2019, highlighting the positive performance of Brazil (+14.8%), Mexico (+181.5%) and OPLA (+45%), YoY.

October the 23rd, 2020.- SONDA, the main Latin-American IT service network, reported its results for the first nine months of 2020, where consolidated revenues reached $ 572,517 million equivalent to US$ 726.4 million, EBITDA of $ 60,748 million, equivalent to US$ 76.7 million, and Net Profit of $ 6,901 million, equivalent to US$ 8.8 million. In reporting currency, revenues decreased 6.0% during the first months of 2020 (YoY), and EBITDA decreased 8.3%, both affected by the Covid-19 pandemic during 2020 and by the effect of the divestiture of a subsidiary in September 2019. Nevertheless, during the third quarter, EBITDA grew 7.2% in constant currency compared to 2019, highlighting the positive performance of Brazil (+14.8%), Mexico (+181.5%) and OPLA (+45%), YoY.

Also highlights the margin improvements during the third quarter, where EBITDA margin expanded 240 basis points in Brazil, 990 basis points in Mexico and 490 basis points in OPLA, driving an expansion of 130 basis points in the consolidatedmargins.

Net profit for the period reached $ 6,901 million (US$ 8.8 million), figures that includes an extraordinary effect of US$ 17 million in restructuring expenses. Likewise, not considering the extraordinary profit after tax of US$ 32.8 million generated by the divestiture of a subsidiary in 2019, Net profit would have grown in US$ 12.1 million compared to the same period of 2019.

In terms of commercial activity, business closed reached US$ 683 million. 80% of closures come from new contracts while the remaining 20% where renewals. At regional level, Chile represented 47.4% of total business closed, Brazil 30.2%, Mexico 7.9% and OPLA 14.4%.

Pipeline of new opportunities reached US$ 5,196 million, which represents an increase of 39.0% compared to December of 2019. Highlights the increase of 131.8% in new business opportunities in Chile, 34.6% in Brazil, 3.6% in Mexico and 24.7% in OPLA.

concluded that “2021 will be a positive year for the industry in Latin-America, where IT spending should be above the recovery rates of the economies in the region, which in conjunction with the focus of SONDA regarding the incorporation of technology to solve business problems of its customers, supporting in the evolution of their digitalization, allow us to be optimistic towards growth ratesand margin improvements in our operations.”

About SONDA: SONDA is the main Latin-American service and IT solution network of the region, with revenues of US$1,131 million in 2019 and more than 14 thousand employees, with direct presence in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Mexico, Panamá, Peru y Uruguay.

Contact: Patricio Garretón (Head of Financial Analysis and M&A and Investor Relations Officer), telephone +56 226575398, e-mail: patricio.garreton@sonda.com

Last news


SONDA's groundbreaking partnership with OpenText

Exciting News Alert! We're thrilled to announce SONDA's groundbreaking partnership with OpenText, a significant leap forward in our commitment to delivering cutting-edge IT solutions across the US market..

Learn more

Partner with the Best: SONDA USA Earns Gold Status with Dell Technologies

We're excited to announce our achievement of Gold Partner status with Dell Technologies. This prestigious designation reflects our ongoing commitment to delivering cutting-edge IT solutions..

Learn more
SONDA