What does this service cover?
Big Data is a solution that takes large volumes of heterogeneous data from multiple sources, then correlates, analyses and automates it, in order to improve business decision-making.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The Big Data process consists in extracting data from multiple sources, which is then filtered, sorted, structured and prepared for analysis, modeling and correlation, in order to produce useful business forecasts.
The challenges and opportunities of Big Data and the Internet of Things for the mining industry
Commercial Development Manager for SONDA Latin America.
A simple definition of the Internet of Things (IoT) is connecting objects, such as computerized machines, devices, equipment and even household appliances with sensors, to the Internet.
A Big Data vision
Information technology works with data. Without data there is no computing. The main advances in IT have always been accompanied by advances in data-processing capability.
Big Data is the name given to the techniques and tools that process data in huge volumes, varieties, speeds, or any other attribute. They challenge traditional computational or business systems.
- Automate processes.
- Rapidly respond to enquiries.
- Protect data from unauthorized access.
- Generate relational searches.
- Mitigate losses.
- Evaluate risks.
- Digitalize business.
- Increase predictability.
- Transform business processes.
- Provide flexibility and integration with the customer’s current data sources and applications.
- Develop a backup repository.
- Provide clarity and improve vision to support strategic decision-making.